The expertise of Cemafroid once again clearly recognized!
The objective of this annual meeting is to establish common rules for the test stations of the 50 signatory countries of ATP. Organizations such as Transfrigoroute International and CEN (European Committee for Standardization) are invited every year to follow and participate in the exchanges. CERTE initiates debates and discussions on technical subjects concerning ATP test stations with the main objective of changing the rules of this agreement.
Each year, these discussions result in recommendations that are presented, on behalf of the IIR, to the UNECE (The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe) Working Party on the Transport of Perishable Foodstuffs, commonly known under the name WP11. This working group meets once a year in Geneva, usually in October or November. The main functions of WP.11 are to develop and update the ATP Agreement concluded at Geneva in 1970, and to promote the facilitation of the international transport of perishable goods through the harmonization of the regulations to which refrigerated transport is subject. 48 countries are signatories to the ATP Agreement and among them two States, Morocco and Tunisia, are external to the UNECE region.
Technical topics relating to ATP test stations
Among the main topics covered in recent years we can find:
- the method of measuring the surfaces of the integrated insulations;
- the renewal test of in service equipment;
- the test methods for cryogenic equipment;
- refrigeration unit tests with liquefied gas systems;
- certification of low GWP replacement refrigerants for Drop-In;
- the harmonization of test reports;
- calorimeters used for refrigeration unit tests;
- marking and renewal tests of multi-temperature equipment;
- accreditation of test stations;
- test procedures for the use of new low GWP refrigerants (R452A in particular);
- a new approach for estimating the criteria for sizing air flows;
- the organization of an inter-comparison at European level ....
The increased involvement of the IIR Subcommittee CERTE in the preparation of the technical amendments was recommended at the 72nd WP11 meeting in October 2017. The last CERTE meeting took place in Munich (Germany) in April 2018.